torsdag den 11. oktober 2012

My trip to Turkey 


I have just been in Turkey for two weeks. While I was travelling I had to write my AT assignment. My trip started Sunday night at around 03.00. After a flight in 4 hours I was in Turkey at 12.00 local time. In Turkey they are one hour ahead. When I came out of the plane the sun was shining and the temperature was about 40 degrees. The first day I only saw the city and the area near by the hotel. After a good night sleep I went to see the Alanya castle. The castle is a ruin on top of a little mountain in Alanya. It was build on the top of the mountain, so they could look after enemies. You can see all in Alanya from the top.
 The sultan on the castle was in love in Cleopatra. Therefore he gave the beach underneath to her. Today the beach is named Cleopatra beach and it is the best beach in Alyana. So later in the week I went to Cleopatra beach. The seawater was not even cold. After the beach trip I found some local people, that I could ask some questions for my paper. The people in Turkey are very friendly and they like meeting tourists. One of the things which are very different from Denmark is the traffic. I am not sure that they have any rules for driving. They drive when the light is red and make u turns everywhere. I experienced the bad driving, the day I was in the mountains on a guided tour. The roads were small and the bus driver drove very fast. Sometimes you just closed yours eyes, so you could not see the bad driving.  
Otherwise the guided tour was good. I went to a little town, and there I started en a mosque. I had to where a long skirt and a scarf around my head. I saw how they prayed and got to know more about Islam. After the mosque I visited a little family, who lived in the same house as their cows. The family lived by making spices and by tourists. The next stop was a little school with children from 1. To 5. Grade. They all had school uniforms on and 1-3 grade are all in one classroom with one teacher. They did not have any playground. They played on the road outside the school. After the visit in the town I went to a special nature place with beautiful waterfalls. The water came from the big mountains and it was very clear and cold.
This was a good trip for my project around the rights for women. One of the days I went swimming with a dolphin and that was a very exciting experience. I also saw the dolphin show. I enjoyed the sun the hole 2 weeks and it was very cold to get back. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar